I am Scribbles(Amanda), an artist and crocheter - creator of all things, located in NC.
I create things that pop into my head. I am mostly a fantasy artist. I love the mystical and mythical. The creation of new things no one has ever seen makes my heart happy. I want to create an entire world of my own beings.
I am a mother of 4 boys. They are Devon 25, Damon 24, Chase 22, and Carter 19. They have encompassed over two decades of my life. They are my biggest accomplishments. They are all respectful young adults who are making their own paths in life.
I live with my husband, Andy. We have 4 dogs, 3 cats, and a sun conure. Our house is definitely full and our lives are never dull.
How about a few random tidbits about me:
- I have lived within a 10 miles radius of my current home for 99% of my life. I only moved away to stay on base with my first husband for a short time while we were married.
- I have the nature of a hoarder. I like collecting things.
- If it is an art supply, good luck borrowing one from me. I don't like to share.
- I used to be a really picky eater, but as I get older, I will try more new things and revisit some old things.
- I have one sister. She is younger and crazier than me.
- As a result, I have one niece, whom I call Monkey. Her name is Kyra. I named her.
- I love to sing. I love all things related to music. I used to be in the National Honors Chorus when I was young.
- My kids have always been surrounded by music and love it also. I have something playing almost constantly.
- I have worked for myself since I was 18 and graduated high school. I have taken a few jobs on the side, but I always wanted to make sure I was home for my kids.
- I have degrees in Advertising and Graphic Design, Web Design and Photography. I have worked in all of those fields.
- I was diagnosed with inoperable brain tumors over 10 years ago, and have dealt with them ever since. I go in and out of treatment and remission.
- No matter what I have done for careers I have always been drawn back to art.
- I am as simple and small town as it gets. It does not take much to please me.
- I love my dogs and they are treated more like my children than my pets. They always cuddle with me, enjoy "people food" and get treated better than a lot of humans.
- I am not really a people person. I am shy and reserved until I get to know someone. Then, all bets are off.
- In addition to tumors floating in my head, I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Fibromyalgia, ADHD and Chronic Migraines. I also have somehow damaged nerves surrounding a bulged disc in by lower back, tendonitis in both wrists, and rheumatoid arthritis. Life's a bitch. C'est la vie!
- I hope one day my kids realize the sacrifices I have made for them as a single mother, over the years, and are proud to call me mom.